Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Who's Coming SignUp ' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Great Lakes Championship
Great Lakes Championship
North Cape Yacht Club
LaSalle, Michigan July 28-29, 2018
NOTICE OF RACE
- The Organizing Authority is North Cape Yacht Club.
- This regatta will be governed by the rules as set forth in the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of US Sailing. Except for 60.3, 63.2, and 63.4 the ILCA Rules for District Regattas, and the Snipe Class Rules.
- The Sailing Instructions will modify RRS 63.7 such that where a conflict exists between the Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, the Sailing Instructions will govern.
- This regatta is classified as a World Sailing Category A event.
- The Great Lakes Championship regatta is open to boats of the International Lightning Class and the International Snipe Class. It is required that Snipe skippers join the Snipe Class and recommended that Lightning competitors become dues-paying members of the class.
3. ENTRY FEE – REGISTRATION
3.1 Early registration not required. A completed entry form and liability waiver is required with the entry fee Lightning’s $115 and Snipes $75.00. Entry fee will include lunch Saturday/Sunday and Dinner Saturday night for Skippers and Crew. Additional Dinners will be available for purchase.
4. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS Date Event Time
July 28, 2018
Registration at NCYC 0900 - 1100
Skippers' Meeting - 1100
Warning Signal - First Race of the Day 1230
Additional races to follow
No race will start after 1700 Dinner at NCYC 1900
July 29, 2018
Continental Breakfast 0800 – 0900
Warning Signal – First Race of the Day 1000 Additional races to follow
No race will start after 1300
Awards presentation at NCYC immediately after scoring and protests
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
Sailing Instructions will be available at North Cape Yacht Club to all registered competitors on Saturday, July 28, 2018.
Directions to North Cape Yacht Club are available on the website at http://www.ncyc.net
- RACING AREA
Racing will take place on the waters of Lake Erie off the North Cape Yacht Club/Toledo Beach Marina cut. The race course will be located approximately one nautical mile east of the marina entrance/marker.
Courses will be windward/leeward. Further details will be provided in the Sailing Instructions.
- Six races are scheduled. Two races must be completed to constitute a series. The Low Point Scoring System (RRS Appendix A) will be used and (within the provisions of RRS A2), each boat’s total score will be the sum of her scores for all races except that there will be a throw-out if six races are completed.
(a) Abbreviations for scoring shall be in accordance with RRS or Racing Rules of Sailing.
- TIES (The Sailing Instructions will modify RRS A7 and A8)
- Boats which tie in a single race shall score points equal to the best position involved. The position(s) immediately after shall remain vacant (if two boats tie for first place, both are scored 1 point, and the next boat to finish scores 3 points).
- When there is a tie on total points between two or more boats at the end of a series, the tie will be broken in favor of the boat or boats with the most first places, and, when a tie remains, the most second places, and so on. When a tie still remains, it shall be broken in favor of the boat which beats the other(s) in the last untied race of the series. All races, including those possibly excluded in calculating total scores in accordance with paragraph 4c of the Class Rules for District Regattas shall be considered for the purpose of breaking ties.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
The Sailing Instructions will change RRS 41 to permit the use of handheld VHF radios, but only for receiving communications from the race committee and in emergencies. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in this regatta entirely at their own risk (See RRS 4 – Decision to Race). The Organizing Authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in connection with, or prior to, during, or after this regatta.
Saturday, July 28, 2018 to Sunday, July 29, 2018
Registrants & Fees
Members pay for their own charges