2015 Lightning Boat Grant Skipper Lightning Boat Grant Skipper – Chris Segerblom
Crew - Christopher Banholzer and Brooks Clark
“I’m Chris Segerblom. My teammates are Brooks Clark and Christopher Banholzer. We are three recent college graduates with extensive dinghy sailing backgrounds, and we are seeking opportunities to race competitively now that we no longer have collegiate sailing to keep our appetites for the sport satisfied. In October, Brooks and I had the privilege of racing in the Wild Oyster regatta in Charleston, South Carolina, and our experience there inspired us to pursue more racing in this remarkably fun and competitive class.”
Chris sailed collegiately at Yale where he was team Captain. He plans to sail his Lightning this summer out of Annapolis. Their Lightning mentor is Jon Gut
Chris sailed for the College of Charleston varsity sailing team and has done a lot of Melges and Scow sailing.
Brooks sailed for the College of Charleston Varsity sailing team and has sailed in various Team Racing Championships.
Team Segerblom Proposed Schedule
- Doc Gilbert Potomac Cup — Potomac River
- No Gas Regatta — Annapolis, MD
- Dixie or Southeastern District Championship— TBD
- Central Atlantic District Championship — Harvey Cedars, NJ
- Charleston and/or Carolina Yacht Club Open — Charleston, SC
- PRSA President’s Cup — Washington, DC
- North American Championship — New Orleans, LA
- Wild Oyster Regatta — Charleston, SC