Great Lakes Championship
North Cape Yacht Club
LaSalle, Michigan July 28-29, 2018
NOTICE OF RACE
- The Organizing Authority is North Cape Yacht Club.
- This regatta will be governed by the rules as set forth in the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of US Sailing. Except for 60.3, 63.2, and 63.4 the ILCA Rules for District Regattas, and the Snipe Class Rules.
- The Sailing Instructions will modify RRS 63.7 such that where a conflict exists between the Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, the Sailing Instructions will govern.
- This regatta is classified as a World Sailing Category A event.
- The Great Lakes Championship regatta is open to boats of the International Lightning Class and the International Snipe Class. It is required that Snipe skippers join the Snipe Class and recommended that Lightning competitors become dues-paying members of the class.
3. ENTRY FEE – REGISTRATION
3.1 Early registration not required. A completed entry form and liability waiver is required with the entry fee Lightning’s $115 and Snipes $75.00. Entry fee will include lunch Saturday/Sunday and Dinner Saturday night for Skippers and Crew. Additional Dinners will be available for purchase.
4. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS Date Event Time
July 28, 2018
Registration at NCYC 0900 - 1100
Skippers' Meeting - 1100
Warning Signal - First Race of the Day 1230
Additional races to follow
No race will start after 1700 Dinner at NCYC 1900
July 29, 2018
Continental Breakfast 0800 – 0900
Warning Signal – First Race of the Day 1000 Additional races to follow
No race will start after 1300
Awards presentation at NCYC immediately after scoring and protests
Courses will be windward/leeward. Further details will be provided in the Sailing Instructions.